Your portfolio manager oversees the investments according to your specific investment objectives and in an investment style with which you are comfortable. Put simply, a SMA is for demanding investors who:
- Seek the comfort of professional investment guidance and a heightened level of personal service
- Still want to take an active role in their financial life
- Desire the flexibility to invest in different strategies or styles, while seeking the liquidity and potential tax benefits that come from owning individual securities in separate accounts, versus mutual funds
- May want a single fee to cover ALL account costs, including trading costs and performance reporting.
- Low-cost, transparency and 24/7 online access
For those with more than $100,000 a SMA may be the smart way to manage portfolio assets, due to lower costs, greater tax efficiency and transparency.