What is a Privately Managed Account?
Also known as a SMA (“Separately Managed Account”), is a single investment account comprised of individual stocks, bonds, cash or other securities, tailored to achieve specific investment objectives.
Your portfolio manager oversees the investments according to your specific investment objectives and in an investment style with which you are comfortable.
Put simply, a SMA is for demanding investors who …
- Seek the comfort of professional investment guidance and a heightened level of personal service
- Still want to take an active role in their financial life
- Desire the flexibility to invest in different strategies or styles, while seeking the liquidity and potential tax benefits that come from owning individual securities in separate accounts, versus mutual funds
- May want a single fee to cover ALL account costs, including trading costs and performance reporting.
- Low-cost, transparency and 24/7 online access
A Privately Managed Account is all about taking control and influencing how your money is managed.
Privately Managed Accounts are also known as:
- Separately managed accounts
- Individually managed accounts
- Actively managed accounts
- Managed accounts
- Privately managed accounts
- Separate accounts
- Wrap accounts
- Discretionary managed accounts